All participants of MC Adventure activities must read and agree to these Terms & Conditions:
Below are the terms which apply to all participants upon booking an activity with MC Adventure. Upon making a booking, the participant agrees to be bound by these Booking Terms.
A Disclaimer Form is required to be signed upon arrival at the activity by each participant, before participation in the event is permitted.
Activities are provided by Media Consulta Malta Ltd., trading as, and hereafter referred to as, MC Adventure.
All prices stated are in Euros and include services & VAT. Prices are correct at the date of publication, but are subject to change without notice.
There is no age limit. Participants under 18 years of age must be accompanied by a parent or guardian, properly authorised to agree to these Booking Terms and to sign the Disclaimer form on the minor’s behalf.
Weight and size limits
There are weight and size restrictions for some activities for your safety. MC Adventure reserves the right to ask participants to be weighed prior to taking part in the activity.
All participants MUST check in promptly at their booked time – if participants have not arrived by their activity on time, it shall be deemed a “no show” and their participation shall be cancelled without refund.
Activities are outdoors. Weather is changeable; therefore all participants must dress according to the weather of the day. Also, no loose clothing may be worn during the ride and long hair must be tied back securely.
Participation in activities usually involves a short walk up hill along a designated walking track along an uneven surface and may at times be wet and slippery. All participants need to be of reasonable fitness to complete this walk. Participants must keep strictly to the designated walking track and are not permitted to deviate from this track in any circumstances to avoid damage to the environment.
MC Adventure’s activities are designed for participants of average mobility, fitness and strength who are in reasonably good health. Obesity, high blood pressure, cardiac and coronary artery disease, pulmonary problems, pregnancy, arthritis, tendonitis, prior head, neck or back injuries or other joint and muscular-skeletal problems may impair the safety and well-being of participants; as may other medical, physical, psychological and psychiatric conditions. All or any of these conditions may increase the inherent risks of the experience and cause the participant to be a danger to themselves or others.
Participants who suffer from any of the conditions or have any other underlying medical problems acknowledge that these conditions will put them at greater risk of injury or illness during an activity and must carefully consider those risks before choosing to participate. Participants must fully inform the staff of the event on the Disclaimer form, prior to the beginning of the activity if they suffer from any of the conditions or any other underlying medical conditions. MC Adventure reserves the right to exclude any applicant from participation for medical, safety, or other reasons.
Participants consent to receive any medical treatment which may be deemed necessary in the case of injury, accident or illness suffered while participating in the activity and to indemnify MC Adventure against any claims in respect of such treatment.
MC Adventure shall refuse participation to any individual believed to be affected by alcohol or drugs (including impairing prescription medication) and in such circumstances no refund will be provided.
Full payment is required at the time of booking. The payment has to be settled within 48 hours after the booking, otherwise the booking will be deleted. Payment may be made online by Paypal, credit card (Visa or MasterCard), bank transfer or cash in advance in person at our office in Birkirkara, 150 Psaila street, Media Consulta House.
Cancellation & Amendment Policy
Cancellation / amendment by the participant:
- Bookings cancelled within 48-hours the scheduled start time of the activity are non-refundable. Participants that fail to present themselves on the day of their activity (‘no show’) will forfeit 100% of their payment.
- Bookings cancelled more than 48-hours before the scheduled activity time shall be refunded or rebooked for the next event. Subject to availability such bookings may be amended once free-of-charge. Any subsequent amendments or cancellations will be non-refundable.
Cancellation by us:
For the safety of our participants, due to inclement weather or due to events beyond our control, MC Adventure may need to cancel an event. MC Adventure will use all reasonable endeavours to contact the participant in sufficient time to notify them of the cancellation. In the event that we cancel an activity, the participant will be offered either a full refund or a transfer of the booking to an alternative date and/or time. MC Adventure is not liable in any circumstances for any costs incurred by the participant as a result of such a cancellation.
Baggage & other belongings
Participants may not undertake the tour with items on their person (such as mobile phones, laptops or tablet devices, handbags, backpacks) as these may fall or otherwise be dropped, damaged or lost.
Photography and video
During the course of the activity, representatives of MC Adventure may make video and/or photographic recordings that may include the participant’s voice and/or image. MC Adventure shall have the right to use these images and related sound to its promotional material and on its social media accounts. Should any participant wish to ban, website our use of their images & sound, they should advise us in writing.
Any information supplied to us will be used solely for the purpose of delivering and providing our products or services. We will not sell, rent or otherwise make available any of your personal information to any third-party, except as required to do so by Maltese law or by the order of any other regulatory body.
Notwithstanding anything else contained in these Booking Terms or the Disclaimer form, to the fullest extent permitted by law, MC Adventure cannot accept any liability whatsoever to the participant or any other person for any claims, losses, expenses (including legal costs), that may have been incurred by a participant or any other party either during, or in any way related to, a participant’s participation in the activity, including (but not limited to) any liability for:
- Personal injury or death;
- Property loss or damage;
- Disruption to travel plans;
- Acts which may be negligent or accidental;
- Any mental injury or any other loss, damage, suffering, emotional or nervous disorder;
- Any direct, indirect or consequential loss or damage of any kind including any financial loss.
Notwithstanding anything else contained in these Booking Terms or the Disclaimer form, if MC Adventure is found liable in any circumstances whatsoever, MC Adventure’s total liability is limited (to the fullest extent permitted by law) to maximum aggregate amount of the activity price paid by the participant.
I understand that participation in the events or activities provided by MC Adventure could include actions or tasks which might be hazardous to the participant(s) and that it is not covered by any form of insurance. I assume any risk of harm or injury which might occur to the participant(s) due to his/her/my participation in the event or activity. I release MC Adventure or its guides, employees or subcontractors from all liability, costs and damages which might arise from participation in the event or activity. If the participant is a minor, I agree that the minor has my consent to participate in the event. I further provide my consent for MC Adventure to seek emergency treatment for the minor if necessary. I agree to accept financial responsibility for the costs related to this emergency treatment.
Participant safety instructions
When you arrive at the activity site, you agree and understand that:
- The activity site is protected by the Environment and Resources Authority. As a participant of this activity you have a duty of care to protect this environment.
- Keep the area tidy and retain your rubbish (including cigarettes) and take it home with you or use the bags provided.
- Avoid trampling, and damaging the wild plants.
- Do not disturb or kill the local species.
- Keep your vehicles to the main road or obvious parking areas.
- No fires.
- Avoid noise from generators and loud music.
- If you came as a group, ensure you stay with your group leader and do not wander off.
- There is a first aid kit on site. Ask a Guide.
- Be aware of your surroundings and pay attention to uneven/unstable ground underfoot.
- Stay away from the edges. Be aware of things falling.
- Do not allow yourself to be exposed to the sun too much.
- Stay hydrated and drink fluids
- Keep loose clothing and hair tied back so it does not get trapped and remove jewellery and items that could snag/catch on things.
- Listen to the Guides and follow their instructions at all times. If you do not understand anything please ask.